Assessing the feasibility of providing safe and affordable housing to more independent seniors in our community, building on the 30-year success of Ellwood House.
Ellwood House (Ottawa) Inc. is a non-profit organization developed by and affiliated with the St. Thomas the Apostle Anglican Church and the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa. St Thomas has a rich history of service to the community—developing and supporting services for seniors, children, and families in our community. The Anglican Diocese of Ottawa is working with several parishes to plan the best use of their land, creating multiple affordable housing projects that are now in varying stages. It is collaborating with Ellwood House and St. Thomas on this project. The project aims to continue the work of Ellwood House through the development of an extension to the current building on the St Thomas campus. The project’s vision is to increase Ellwood’s tenant community and to provide affordable housing to the ever-increasing number of seniors in Ottawa who need a stable home.
Further details (click on links below for documents)
- Briefer on Ellwood Extension project — October 2020
- Backgrounder on affordable housing in Ottawa
- Message from the Parish Executive on the Ellwood House Extension — November 2020
- Message from the Ellwood House Board of Directors — November 2020
- Ellwood House Extension Steering Committee
- Images of Ellwood House Extension
2262 Braeside Ave, Ottawa, ON, K1H 7J6